TEST CASE - ALUMINUM ALLOY WHEEL CLEANING
Aluminum Alloy Wheel
Aluminum alloy wheel with a textured surface on a 2001 Toyota Tacoma truck. Truck had been sitting under trees in the shade for about a year without moving. Wheel was covered in a combination of tree detritus, sap, brake dust and grime.
Determine if ZT Pro Cleaner (8oz solution) can loosen and facilitate removal of tree detritus, sap, brake dust and grime.
- Location: Western North Carolina
- Siting: Driveway
- Substrate: Aluminum alloy wheel
- Ambient Air Temperature: 49 degrees F
- Ambient Water Temperature: Not greater than 60 degrees F, outside garden hose used to rinse.
- Sunlight Status: Mixture sun/shade.
- Product: ZT Pro Cleaner Metal Cleaner Solution
- Application Method: Soaked Nylon Scrub Pad
- Application psi: Not Applicable
- Pre-Soak: No Soak, wheel was lightly misted with water prior to scrubbing.
- Agitation: Nylon scrub pad by hand on entire surface, rinse, repeated. (Total time 8 minutes)
- Rinse: Mist with garden hose sprayer.
- Surface condition at application: Dry, covered in tree detritus, sap, brake dust and grime.
- Surface condition after application: Clean with no damage
Test reflected that ZT Pro effectively cleaned an aluminum alloy wheel covered with tree detritus, sap, brake dust and grime. Method included water misting to start, followed by scrubbing with nylon pad saturated with ZT Pro metal cleaner and light rinse; cycle performed twice.
Test was performed by hand. Customer can expect much quicker clean cycle times utilizing power scrubbing equipment.
CONTACT ZOLATERRA ABOUT A CUSTOM ZT PRO SOLUTION FOR YOUR SPECIFIC APPLICATION!