TEST CASE - ANILOX ROLLER & INK CLEANING
Anilox Roller & Ink Cleaning
Rustic Label (label manufacturer), located in Fort Mill SC, performed multiple tests of the daily or periodically cleaning of ink from anilox rollers and plates used in label production. Current cleaners are effective, using the same cleaning solution to clean approximately 24 anilox rollers and plates. However, the current cleaner is corrosive and emits a foul odor.
Determine if the use of ZolaTerra® ZT PRO 8 can effectively clean the anilox rollers and plates used in a production label environment vs. the current use of a caustic cleaner.
- Location: South Carolina
- Siting: Production Warehouse
- Substrate: Ceramic, chrome & stainless-steel tray
- Ambient Air Temperature: 75°F
- Ambient Water Temperature: 70°F
- Product: ZolaTerra® ZT PRO 8 Cleaner
- Method: After removing ink from trays, squirted water on the anilox rollers. Removed anilox rollers from machine. In a cleaning bin by the label production machine mixed the cleaner/water solutions. (Used a 1:1 ratio of cleaner and water.) Using a rag, poured on the mixture and wiped the anilox roller until visibly clean. Dried the anilox roller with a paper towel. In a slop sink, cleaned the stainless-steel tray with a rag and lightly scrubbed heavier stained areas with a brush, then rinsed off with water.
- Surface condition at application: Anilox rollers covered in ink, immediately after a production label run
- Dwell Time: No dwell time needed, as cleaning process described above, took less than 2 minutes per anilox roller (equal to current cleaner)
- Drying: Open air inside a production warehouse environment using a paper towel to dry off the anilox rollers and stainless-steel trays.
After using the ZolaTerra® ZT PRO 8, in place of their current caustic cleaner, the anilox rollers and stainless-steel trays were as clean if not cleaner than using their current caustic cleaner. Additional positive results from using the ZolaTerra® ZT PRO 8, included the indirect cleaning and removing of ink from the cleaning bins and slop sink that was previously saturated with residual ink.
CONTACT ZOLATERRA ABOUT A CUSTOM ZT PRO SOLUTION FOR YOUR SPECIFIC APPLICATION!