TEST CASE: Carpet Cleaning - Pet Stain and Odor
TEST CASE - CARPET CLEANING: PET STAIN AND ODOR
Medium Pile Carpet in a Private Home
A light tan carpet was stained by cat urine and had a nasty odor. The carpet was in a high traffic area just outside the laundry room and on a corner. The stain was dry and it distinctively darkened the carpet. The stain was about a day old. The odor was not pleasant.
Removing the stain and eliminating the odor without permanently marking the carpet or destroying the overall look was the objective.
- Location: North Carolina
- Siting: High traffic area outside the laundry area in an upstairs hallway
- Substrate: Light tan and medium pile carpet
- Ambient Air Temperature: 68 degrees F
- Product: ZolaTerra® Carpet Cleaner / Pet Odor Remover
- Method: Hand sprayer supplied with the ZolaTerra General Purpose Cleaner
- Application: Hand pressure to apply the cleaner. Use a wash cloth to rub the carpet in a swirl pattern and a second wash cloth to dry.
- Surface condition at application: Dry
- Pre-Soak: One light spray, wait 30 seconds and add a second light spray. The carpet was moist to the touch but not soaked wet.
- Dwell Time: 30 seconds
The stain was immediately removed and the odor was gone. After approximately 15 minutes the carpet was dry and no sign of the stain or odor existed. There was no residual sign of discoloration on the carpet.
CONTACT ZOLATERRA ABOUT A CUSTOM ZT PRO SOLUTION FOR YOUR SPECIFIC APPLICATION!