TEST CASE: Concrete Sidewalk Cleaning
TEST CASE - MOLD, MILDEW & MOSS REMOVAL & CLEANING
Concrete Sidewalk in Low Lying Area
Concrete sidewalk located in shaded cove in Western North Carolina mountains. Sidewalk is located in low lying area that sees heavy runoff during rain and holds standing water after rain. Location of sidewalk has facilitated growth of moss and mildew along with regular deposition of grime and silt. Sidewalk has not been cleaned in memory of homeowner since install in mid 1980s.
Determine necessity of a pre-soak low pressure detergent/water mix application followed by high pressure cold water rinse vs. a single high-pressure application of cold water siphon of detergent/water mix.
- Location: Western North Carolina Mountains
- Siting: Low lying area connecting home with utility building
- Substrate: Concrete
- Ambient Air Temperature: 68 degrees F
- Ambient Water Temperature: 60 degrees F (supplied from local well)
- Sunlight Status: Sunlight late afternoon early evening in summer, indirect sunlight winter
- Product: ZolaTerra® General Purpose Cleaner
- Method: High Pressure Sprayer (Gas Powered)
- Application psi: 2500 psi
- Detergent to Water Siphon Ratio: 1:7 (Used Pressure Washer Reservoir)
- Surface condition at application: Dry
- Pre-Soak: None
- Dwell Time: None
- Sunlight Status During Cleaning: Partial Shade/Sun
Test reflected that high pressure cleaning solution/water mix could remove moss, mildew and grime of decades duration with a single application. A low-pressure cleaning solution pre-soak followed by high pressure rinse was not necessary. The ZolaTerra® General Purpose Cleaner solution rinsed away with no streaking that is customary with typical detergents.
CONTACT ZOLATERRA ABOUT A CUSTOM ZT PRO SOLUTION FOR YOUR SPECIFIC APPLICATION!