TEST CASE - EXTERIOR DOOR AND GLASS CLEANING - HOT CONDITIONS
Door and Window Cleaning - Hot Conditions
Exterior doors and windows in bright sunshine in central North Carolina were hazy and spotty dirty from the weather and time. The glass doors and windows are facing the east sun. Typical weather related spots and haze was all over the glass. The glass was last cleaned 8 weeks prior.
Determine if the cleaning can be done effectively in bright sunlight in hot conditions.
- Location: Central North Carolina
- Siting: Private home with east facing sun
- Substrate: Glass on typical doors and windows
- Ambient Air Temperature: 94°F
- Sunlight Status: Late morning in direct sunlight in late August
- Product: ZolaTerra® Glass Cleaner
- Method: Bottle sprayer as supplied by ZolaTerra
- Application: Hand pump
- Surface condition at application: Dry, hazy and dirty
- Pre-Soak: None
- Dwell Time: 10 to 20 seconds
- Sunlight Status During Cleaning: Bright Sun
- Details: Spray lightly on glass, wipe with a wash cloth to spread and dry with a dry cloth.
Tests showed the windows became very clean with no streaking or hazing. Even when the product dried the haze was wiped away with a dry cloth. The hot conditions did require extra dry wiping to remove the dry cleaner. A very light mist was all that was needed to get full cleaning. Excess spray only created more wiping than necessary. Smaller surface areas were cleaned at any one time to eliminate excessive dry wiping.
CONTACT ZOLATERRA ABOUT A CUSTOM ZT PRO SOLUTION FOR YOUR SPECIFIC APPLICATION!