TEST CASE - MOLD, MILDEW & MOSS REMOVAL & CLEANING
Exterior Wooden Door
Exterior wooden door on utility building located in shaded cove in Western North Carolina mountains. Door is coated with exterior paint with satin finish. Door has not been cleaned since installation four years ago. Lack of cleaning has facilitated growth of moss and mildew along with regular deposition of grime.
Determine necessity of a pre-soak low pressure detergent/water mix application followed by high pressure cold water rinse vs. a single high-pressure application of cold water siphon of detergent/water mix.
- Location: Western North Carolina Mountains
- Siting: Northern face of utility building situated in cove
- Substrate: Wood coated with exterior paint satin finish
- Ambient Air Temperature: 68 degrees F
- Ambient Water Temperature: 60 degrees F (supplied from local well)
- Sunlight Status: Sunlight early evening in Summer, shaded in winter
- Product: ZolaTerra® General Purpose Cleaner
- Method: High Pressure Sprayer (Gas Powered)
- Application psi: 2500 psi
- Detergent to Water Siphon Ratio: 1:7 (Used Pressure Washer Reservoir)
- Surface condition at application: Dry
- Pre-Soak: None
- Dwell Time: None
- Sunlight Status During Cleaning: Shaded
Test reflected that high pressure cleaning solution/water mix could remove moss, mildew and grime of four years’ duration with a single application. A low-pressure cleaning solution pre-soak followed by high pressure rinse was not necessary. The ZolaTerra® General Purpose Cleaner solution rinsed away with no streaking that is customary with typical detergents.
CONTACT ZOLATERRA ABOUT A CUSTOM ZT PRO SOLUTION FOR YOUR SPECIFIC APPLICATION!