TEST CASE: Plastic Shutter Cleaning
TEST CASE - MOLD, MILDEW & MOSS REMOVAL & CLEANING
Plastic Shutter on Home
Plastic shutter on home located in shaded cove in Western North Carolina mountains. Shutter has not been cleaned for at least three years. Lack of cleaning has facilitated growth of moss and mildew along with regular deposition of grime.
Determine necessity of a pre-soak low pressure detergent/water mix application followed by high pressure cold water rinse vs. a single high-pressure application of cold water siphon of detergent/water mix.
- Location: Western North Carolina Mountains
- Siting: Northern face of home situated in cove
- Substrate: Textured Plastic
- Ambient Air Temperature: 68 degrees F
- Ambient Water Temperature: 60 degrees F (supplied from local well)
- Sunlight Status: Shaded during daylight hours
- Product: ZolaTerra® General Purpose Cleaner
- Method: High Pressure Sprayer (Gas Powered)
- Application psi: 2500 psi
- Detergent to Water Siphon Ratio: 1:7 (Used Pressure Washer Reservoir)
- Surface condition at application: Dry
- Pre-Soak: None
- Dwell Time: None
- Sunlight Status During Cleaning: Shaded
Test reflected that high pressure cleaning solution/water mix could remove mildew and grime of at least three years’ duration with a single application. A low-pressure cleaning solution pre-soak followed by high pressure rinse was not necessary. The ZolaTerra® General Purpose Cleaner solution rinsed away with no streaking that is customary with typical detergents.
CONTACT ZOLATERRA ABOUT A CUSTOM ZT PRO SOLUTION FOR YOUR SPECIFIC APPLICATION!